Author Topic: Cervicogenic headaches  (Read 2795 times)

Sharon Jennings

• Private Members
Cervicogenic headaches
« on: June 10, 2017, 08:45:29 PM »
I have a client who has cervicogenic headaches, recently diagnosed by the neurologist at the local hospital.  Along with that she is diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome even though she doesn't have any of the symptoms that are usually associated with CTS.  She complained of a stiff right shoulder and of course, now complains of neck pain and mentioned that the tingling in her arm at night is the symptom of CTS(whilst sleeping on her back, which is the position she wakes from when she gets the tingling).  Is there anything I can offer her more specifically from the SLM treatment which may help relieve the problem as the neurologist mentioned that it is to do with a trapped nerve between the facets joints in the neck rather than it being muscle related.

steve

• Administrator
    • Balance Your Body With SLM
Re: Cervicogenic headaches
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 07:58:49 AM »
Hi Sharon, if there is a trapped nerve it will be the muscle imbalance and tension that is causing a compression on the area so it has everything to do with the muscles. I am sure if you balance her shoulders and straighten her neck by releasing all the muscle tension in her whole body both symptoms will go away.

Regards
Steve