Author Topic: My experience with SLM  (Read 5448 times)

Sharon Jennings

• Private Members
My experience with SLM
« on: October 30, 2012, 12:19:57 AM »
Just wanted to say as a previous chronic back pain and sciatica sufferer what a welcome relief the SLM bodywork massage was.  I had physio treatment, traction and although activities helped me feel better nothing, and I mean nothing, took away that constant pain.  Sitting, lying and standing was just a real nightmare.  I ended up travelling 3 hours away from my home (each way) for an SLM therapist, and for the first time in 18 months I was out of pain.  I feel choked when I think about it now, the relief was so great.  So great that at the end of my treatment I enrolled on the SLM bodywork course.  It worked for me and I know it will work for others and am very keen to pass this method on and am loving the training so far.  People who suffer with sciatica and back and hip pain look at me in amazement when I tell them that I am now pain free, I can see the desire in their eyes to be pain free but for a pain sufferer to have confidence in the therapist is the key to them helping themselves be treated.  I was very careful who I let touch my back, and it wasn't just anyone, trust was a big issue for me and I found it in Martin Fisher, Jedburgh.