Author Topic: Muscles affected in SLM Bodywork  (Read 7247 times)

Sharon Jennings

• Private Members
Muscles affected in SLM Bodywork
« on: October 24, 2012, 01:28:28 AM »
When the bodywork technique is applied to the client, do you feel problems from the deeper layers of muscles or just the superficial layer?

steve

• Administrator
    • Balance Your Body With SLM
Re: Muscles affected in SLM Bodywork
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 01:27:50 PM »
Hi Sharon, you tend to only feel problems from the deeper layers once you remove the ones above but not always. The superficial layers dont tend to carry the stubborn problems and they disappear very quickly.

Regards
Steve

Sharon Jennings

• Private Members
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 07:26:48 AM »
Thanks for your response.  So does it become clear in the training that the tension in the deeper layers of the muscles can be differentiated from problems in the deep tissue or is it only in muscles that we get tension problems? I hope that makes sense!

steve

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 03:24:54 PM »
Nearly everything that goes wrong with the body in respect to pain is reacting to the problems in the muscles. Deep or not, stubborn or not, depends on how it was put there and how long it has been there.

Whether its a joint misaligned, a nerve being pinched and irritation from restricted movement or pain from trying to extend a muscle thats contracted your focus is the muscle problems setting it up. If you sort out all the muscle problems and it takes many years of experience to recognise when you have done this, and the problem is still there it is time for you to refer the person on for more tests or scans.

Regards
Steve

Sharon Jennings

• Private Members
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 12:59:06 AM »
Thank you for your detailed response.  Although, I think I'm getting myself tied in rief knots about what SLM bodywork is because I've seen the name myotherapy which I thought was deep tissue.  Is myotherapy/slm bodywork a deep tissue massage or a muscle massage? 

steve

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 08:04:52 AM »
Myo means muscle so Myotherapy is simply muscle therapy. SLM (steve Lockharts Myotherapy) involves deep tissue massage, acupressure, myofascial relief, exercise diet, detox and anything that helps balancing the muscles.

Regards
Steve