Author Topic: Arm strengthening and inflammation  (Read 7615 times)

Kirsty

• Private Members
Arm strengthening and inflammation
« on: August 30, 2012, 05:27:10 AM »
Sorry Steve, got another one that I'd like to get your input for..

One of the clients I’m treating has severe pain in his sacrum area, he finds it difficult to walk, sit, etc.

It sounds like its been a long time coming as he explained that for months he’s had arm/hand pain from the heavy lifting that he does in his day job, this then seemed to pull on his abdominals as he said he suffered with pain around this diaphragm/upper abdominals for a while too.  Both of these have now settled down now but suddenly his back went out and he now has this awful sacrum pain.

He is keen to start on your self treatment sacrum programme but asked me if he should also include exercises that will strengthen his arms and stomach.  I was a bit unsure about this as I am wondering if initially this will just aggravate his problems.  Will the yoga and the arm swinging exercise be enough to release and strengthen these areas, whats your view on this?

Additionally, he has just got in touch with me to say that his pain is very bad today and he cant turn his head, lift any objects, or even move without getting shooting pains in his sacrum and wondered if it might be inflamed or if there is anything he can do to help settle it?  He said the area is not hot and doesn’t visibly look inflamed but I wondered if there was any other way for him to tell if it is inflamed?  I’m a bit hesitant to tell him to use a cold pack on the sacrum if its not inflamed and this is just a result of it being aggravated in some way today.  What would you advise?

Thanks in advance

Kirsty

steve

• Administrator
    • Balance Your Body With SLM
Re: Arm strengthening and inflammation
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 11:08:19 PM »
Hi Kirsty, he has a rotated pelvis would be my best guess. This will affect sacrum, thoracic/ stomach and neck. You should do lots of work on his legs while he does the self treatment work and it should come together very quickly. If he has a lot of acute pain try and treat him asap and by working on the legs mostly you will remove the irritation but not be doing much to the very sore areas.

Regards
Steve

Kirsty

• Private Members
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 07:57:26 PM »
Thanks Steve. 

It turned out that we spoke that evening and I told him to try some cold on the area but only for 15 minutes to see if that helped.  It did help so that area must have been inflamed.

I did manage to work on him but he was quite uncomfortable laying down but things are alot better now, hopefully he is now over the worst. 

Thanks for your help.

anna witt

• Private Members
    • Helptobewell.co.uk
Re: Thank You Steve.
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 08:39:55 AM »
Hi Steve . Just would like to say Thank you very much for your email to me, and forwarded email from my client to You (Brian Jacobs ) .
I am very pleased that You have reasured him, that SLM treatment would not harm him, only HELP.
When he came firts time , first treatment , even, when I finished he was't very sure with this kind of treatment, he said he felt much better, but pain did't go, as he said.. Would  SLM help him with a very long term problem?, was his question after...
 As I said, because Brian was so sceptical, a bit worried, not really sure what callsed his pain in the lower back and in the hip area,I did mention to go see his GP ( his doctor ), to have a chart .
After second treatment , a few days after, Brian went to see his doctor.., then  rung me and told: he has been diagnosed with a hip arthuritis, and has been prescribe to take tramadol, diclofenack and have physio sessions as well ..  After all of this  Brian stil not sure what to do.

I have suggested to contact You. Thank you very much for restoring confidence in him about SLM.
  SLM -great treatment and help ! :D

steve

• Administrator
    • Balance Your Body With SLM
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 10:00:58 AM »
Hi Anna, it is important to give someone a quick result to give them confidence. With all the conflicting information they receive from doctors, physio's etc it is reasonable they are confused. You also need to understand the logic and concepts behind SLM so you can explain things in a way they understand and get confidence. Hopefully you are giving serious consideration to coming with me to Thailand next March so you can build on what you have learnt from the online training.

Regards
Steve