Author Topic: Parkinson's Disease  (Read 5528 times)

mstrtime

• Private Members
Parkinson's Disease
« on: August 27, 2012, 10:20:44 PM »
Steve,

My business, especially with the Parkinson's Disease (PD) clients, is picking up.  The ones I have treated using the SLM Bodywork approach are very pleased. Because PD does not effect everyone the same; the challenge is to come up with a treatment regiment that is customized to fit their particular symptoms, physiology and budget. Not an easy task. But because the clients feel improvement from the treatments, they are willing to work out a symptom relieving plan. I have had NO one quit the program as of yet.  Some have been discouraged, but hung in there with me. Many of them now seem to be on a schedule that gives them the maximum relief from their symptoms in conjunction with the PD medications they are taking.

If or when PD advances, and symptoms change, an adjustment to the treatment plan may be necessary. This revision can be hard to arrive at. This is usually because of medication changes made by the doctors to minimize symptoms through drug therapy. It is a constant work in progress for those with PD to arrive at the best drug and massage therapy mix. Almost all PD clients would rather use a non-drug approach to reduce symptoms and avoid as many drugs and their side effects as possible.

It is extremely rewarding to see a PD client leave after a treatment feeling and looking better than when they first arrived. PD clients do not have many options beyond drug therapy.The SLM Bodywork approach is giving them relief and more personal control over the ravages of this debilitating disease. If anyone would like more information about treating the symptoms of PD using the SLM Bodywork approach, please contact me.
Dave de Sousa

steve

• Administrator
    • Balance Your Body With SLM
Re: Parkinson's Disease
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 10:33:52 PM »
Thanks very much for your information and dedication to this David. It is great what you are doing and I am sure of interest to the other therapists.

I imagine one day you will be able to write a great paper on this and have it published in the massage therapy and health journals. I will look forward to reading it.

All the best
Steve

mstrtime

• Private Members
Re: Parkinson's Disease
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 03:13:06 AM »
Thanks Steve.  Your SLM, help and support have been invaluable in the pursuit of this goal.
Dave de Sousa